I appreciate the work that went into the website, but I'll vote for a
cleaner interface. I think the following should be up front:
* What is pygame with a pretty set of images showing what it can do
* Link straight to download (including installation instructions)
* Link to documentation
* Link to tutorials
* List of 'news'

I think scrolling is ok in a normal interface, but only for older news
stories.

I really like the book "don't make me think" for doing UI on a website.

Paul Vincent Craven