You can add python to PATH by rerunning the same installer you used to
install it. There will be a "modify" choice, and in the next two pages are
options to adjust the parts of python installed, and to add it to "the
environment"-- the PATH.

I would suggest using 3.7. 3.8 is likely to work, but at this time I do not
believe 3.9 has functioning pygame wheels, and this will be a pain point
for students.