[ Please note that button2 is the *middle* button, not the right mouse
  button.  Your question seems to imply that you think I want to
  change the behaviour of right-click, which I don't. ]

Edward Muller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> 1) What do you want to do on the button 2 click?

I'm writing an applet that you can drag URLs from netscape into, and
it then calls Wget in a separate window.  You can have several such
windows, control them in various ways, etc.  When you left-click on
the applet, it asks you to enter the URL in a dialog box.

I want button2 to do what it does in netscape.  For those who don't
know, in that case netscape will fetch the primary selection (if
any), and go to that location.  For me, that is a less known but
incredibly useful feature that I want to copy.

> The reason why I ask this is that most of us have probably become
> accustomed to what happens when we right click on an applet, we get
> the standard applet menu plus any menu items the developer wanted to
> add to it.

Right-click will work as before -- I don't intend to muck with it,
apart from adding my own menu callbacks, as is usual for applets.

If you really want to use my applet, and if you really want button2 to
move it, I can add a way to disable the netscape-like feature, or move
it to Sh-button1 or something.

Additionally, it would be Really Really Nice if we could distinguish
between a button2 *click* and a button2 *drag*, and assign them to
different actions.  A click could do as described above, while a drag
could invoke the usual button2 drag.

I deleted your second question because of the button2 confusion.  This
is not Windows.  :-)
To unsubscribe: echo "unsubscribe" | mail [EMAIL PROTECTED]