François Pinard writes:
[excellent diatribe on the state of GUI applications!]

 > is it really a lost investment for me to rely on `pyglade'?  Should I
 > better have to consider swallowing Gnome as well, and right now?  (Fiou!

  Switch to libglade.  Failing all else, it'll get more testing
because it'll be used by all the C bigots.  ;)

 > Shudder and dismay! :-) Could `pygtk' be adequately be used outside Gnome
 > contexts, at least long enough to let me recover from the time it takes
 > to become more seriously acquainted with all these new things?  Or else,
 > is there something fundamentally wrong in my attitude?  Am I unreasonable?

  I've certainly liked PyGTK for what I've done with it (still not
nearly as much as I've done with Tkinter, but I'm not doing a lot of
GUI right now).  I've not used the Gnome stuff much, and where I have,
I was able to pick and choose.  The GnomeAbout dialog works just fine
without using anything else at the application level!  And it looks
pretty smart as well.  ;)

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.        <fdrake at acm.org>