On Tue, 9 May 2000, Tom Cato Amundsen wrote:

> James Henstridge wrote:
> > This is due to the use of ExtensionClass.  I am not sure how to fix this
> > properly.  This is mentioned in the ExtensionClass.stx file included in
> > the tarball.  You can get your code to work with:
> >     DataStorage.__dict__['__init__'](self, name)
> Thanks, I can live with this. Anyway the code should have been fixed to
> not mix gui and data anyway.
>
> One last question about pre0.7.0, should we expect many
> incompatibilities.

There will be some.  I had to change some keyword arguments in some of the
examples because the argument names now match those found in the gtk+
header files.

> One thing, many constructors in gtk.py, like GtkAdjustment has default
> values,
> (at least now) 0.7.0 has not. This is just fine for me since it is
> closer to
> the C version.

Part of the reason why all functions had default values for the
constructors was to get the GtkWhatever(_obj=...) call to work with all
objects.  This isn't needed now, but having sensible defaults on some
objects would probably be a good idea.

> But will for example GtkCheckButton.active work in 0.7.0 final? Right
> now
> I need to use get_active() method. (Ok this is not close to C, but I
> like it...)

I guess that is a bug.  It can be fixed by editing gtk.defs and adding the
extra field to GtkToggleButton and recompiling.  I will add this.  There
are still a few bugs in the way you can access class attributes in the new
pygtk (eg. if a class defines new attributes, you can't get to any of the
attributes in a parent class).

> Tom Cato

James.

--