Quoting Harry Henry Gebel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> How can I set a GtkEntry widget with a maximum width to automatically
> change focus when it is full. I can detect when it is full by monitoring
> the insert_text field, and I could specifically refer to the next widget
> with a grab_focus, but then I would have to write a signal handler for
> each
> field, what I need to know is how to send a generic "change focus to
> next
> window" signal so that I can use a single signal handler.

For these things, you can do these things:

- Use widget.focus () to move the focus to the next item
- derive a class from GtkEntry() which installs a signal handler
  which calls self.next() and store the ID of the next widget
  in the class.
- Pass the widget as parameter after the name of the signal handler
  (ie. install the signal handler with entry.connect ('value-changed',
  handler, nextWidget)).

Sowatec AG,       CH-8330 Pfäffikon (ZH)
Witzbergstr. 7,   http://www.sowatec.com
Tel: +41-(0)1-952 55 55
Fax: +41-(0)1-952 55 66