On Wed, 2 Aug 2000, Torsten Landschoff wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 01, 2000 at 10:47:35PM +0200, YuRiX wrote:
> > hy guys, sorry for my english ... it's orrible  i know ....
>
> No problem, but another thing bothers me: As you are using Debian you
> should report this bug to the Debian BTS using reportbug for example
> or by mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> There is no reason to bother the pygtk developers as long as you don't
> know if this problem is Debian specific.
>
> > ok here you are the problems : i can't load png images from my small
> > python program using gdk_imlib, and also the view.py example can't do
> > that.
> >
> > what did i wrong ?
> > i have installed  helix gnome on my sweet debian and i get this with
> > imlib-config
>
> Yep, I have the same problem with helix gnome packages as well. When I
> have the standard gnome packages installed the example works...
>
> Seems like the person at helix code should work this out or we should
> merge helix and fix it in Debian...

This problem can be fixed by either modifying the python executable or the
imlib build process.  You either need to modify imlib so that the image
loads shared libraries with the RTLD_GLOBAL flag (Red Hat makes the second
change).

Libtool-1.3b (the 1.4 beta) makes the first option quite easy, but doesn't
support all the platforms in the latest 1.3.x release.

> HTH
>
>     Torsten (python-gdk-imlib maintainer)

James.

--