> When you create your pixmap, use the color value of None where ever you
> want the transparency.  In your code call
>
> pixmap, mask = gtk.create_pixmap_from_xpm(...)
>
> Then use that combination when setting the pixmap for a widget, drawing
> with it, etc.

I think you're not getting my point here.

I'm creating a pixmap with:
  pixmap=create_pixmap(widget,width,height,-1)
then I create my mask with:
  mask=create_pixmap(widget,width,height,1)
I then draw the text in the colours I want (these are parsed on runtime) with:
first:
  draw_rectangle(mask,widget.get_style().black_gc,TRUE,0,0,width,height)
and then
  draw_text(mask,font,widget.get_style().white_gc,2,14,string)

And then the same for the pixmap only with the prober colours.

I'm not loading anything.

So, does anyone know how to go about getting transparency?

Fingers crossed...... ;) (and not anywere near as pissed as I may sound, actually
quite jolly... sorta)

Christian Storgaard / Cybolic - [EMAIL PROTECTED]