James> I have added back threading support to pygtk again (mainly based
    James> on Sopwith's patch, but with some changes to account for gtk api
    James> changes).

I'm still perplexed.  I understand the C programmers might find Gtk's thread
support better (more portable, at least) than whatever else they might
cobble together.

However, when it comes to application writing, I'm a a Python programmer,
and I have some questions for the literati in this area:

    * Under what circumstances should I use Gtk's thread system instead of
      Python's?

    * To enable Gtk threads should I disable Python threads?

    * If not, can they both be used in the same application?  Under what
      circumstances?  With what caveats?

    * Can you give some examples where using both might be useful?

Inquiring (and confused) minds want to know.

Thx,

Skip