On Wednesday 16 January 2002 22:57, Michael Gilfix wrote:
>   I'm getting what seems to be some weird behavior with the VPaned
> control widget in pygtk 0.6.8. I'm dividing the screen vertically
> between a text box and a window of multiple boxes. Er, the layout
> is something like this:
>
>                  Text Window
>              ---------------------
>               Box 1, Box 2, Box 3
>
>   The grip appears and all is well when I resize the text window by
> increasing its size. I can even decrease the size back to its
> original amount and all is well. But if I decrease the size of the
> text window below its original amount, the grip disappears.  Can
> anyone else confirm similar behavior or perhaps point me to something
> I might be doing wrong?
>
>               Regards,
>
>                  -- Mike

I have met several problems with Paned windows but all were related to
properly setting up the layout (like restoring size when restarting the
application).

The closest in regard to your problem was related to my current
theme (/usr/share/themes/Raleigh/gtk/gtkrc from gtk-engines-0.11-3
on RH 7.2). I will suggest you to first check if you have a Theme
set up (in ~/.gtkrc) and if this is the case, comment it before
launching the application (ftpcube I presume ;).

Otherwise, try the following snip to see if the problem can be
reproduced.

# ----------------------------------------------------------------
import gtk

def quit(*args):