On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 12:16:34AM +0100, Hans Breuer wrote:
> To support replacing the window icon from Python one of the
> following would be needed :
> - Add a windoze only function to gdk to replace the icon
>   before it's first use; modify RegisterGdkClass
> - (?) Add some window class fiddling code to pygtk which
>   finally uses SetClassLong(hWnd, GCL_HICON, hNewIcon)

I wonder if we could implement this PyGTK-only hack that "did the right
thing" - i.e. something which wouldn't require actual support in GDK but
was coded entirely in our codebase. Anybody on Win32 care enough to do
it?

> - Implement gdk_window_set_icon() for win32. See my
>   and Tor's comments in the respective gdk code.
>
> IMHO nothing of this is worth the effort ...

> -------- Hans "at" Breuer "dot" Org -----------
> Tell me what you need, and I'll tell you how to
> get along without it.                -- Dilbert

Is this tagline coincidental, or is it here for a reason? :-)

At any rate, I honestly think this is an important feature; I don't
consider Python apps to be second-class citizens, and what is possibly
to a C implementation should eventually be made possible to us, too.

Take care,