Hi,

I had some trouble with the configure script that comes with pyorbit on our Alpha at work. The problem is ./libtool --config reports export_dynamic_flag_spec="". This causes sed to exit with an error in the following line.

PYORBIT_LIBS=`echo $PYORBIT_LIBS | sed -e "s/$export_dynamic//"`

So PYORBIT_LIBS ends up being empty, which causes trouble later on.

Wrapping an if around the above statement seems to fix the problem.

if test "x$export_dynamic" != "x"; then
  PYORBIT_LIBS=`echo $PYORBIT_LIBS | sed -e "s/$export_dynamic//"`
fi

PS Thanks for the great python ORBit bindings. Python is an excellent language for experimenting at the client side and pyorbit seems to work quite well.

-- Bowie Owens

CSIRO Mathematical & Information Sciences
phone  : +61 3 9545 8055
fax    : +61 3 9545 8080
mobile : 0425 729 875
email  : [EMAIL PROTECTED]