Any help would be appreciated.

I am trying to comple pygtk from cvs with patches to use VTK.
My current problem relate to the more general issue of compiling
pygtk from source.  I tried following the directions from here
http://www.airs.com/ian/configure/configure_2.html#SEC10

I am having problems generating and running the  ./configure script?
I am running FreeBSD 4.7.  I have installed recent versions of
autoconf, automake, and libtool.

autoconf 2.57
automake 1.7.3
libtool 1.43

aclocal:
%aclocal -I /usr/X11R6/share/aclocal/ -I /usr/local/share/aclocal/
%

autoconf:
%autoconf
configure.in:26: warning: do not use m4_patsubst: use patsubst or m4_bpatsubst
configure.in:177: warning: do not use m4_regexp: use regexp or m4_bregexp

autoheader:
%autoheader
WARNING: Using auxiliary files such as `acconfig.h', `config.h.bot'
WARNING: and `config.h.top', to define templates for `config.h.in'
WARNING: is deprecated and discouraged.

WARNING: Using the third argument of `AC_DEFINE' and
WARNING: `AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED' allows to define a template without
WARNING: `acconfig.h':

WARNING:   AC_DEFINE([NEED_MAIN], 1,
WARNING:             [Define if a function `main' is needed.])

WARNING: More sophisticated templates can also be produced, see the
WARNING: documentation.

automake:
configure.in:26: warning: do not use m4_patsubst: use patsubst or m4_bpatsubst
configure.in:177: warning: do not use m4_regexp: use regexp or m4_bregexp
configure.in:28: your implementation of AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE comes from an
configure.in:28: old Automake version.  You should recreate aclocal.m4
configure.in:28: with aclocal and run automake again.
/home/george/local/share/automake-1.7/am/depend2.am: am__fastdepCC does not appear in
AM_CONDITIONAL
/home/george/local/share/automake-1.7/am/depend2.am: am__fastdepCC does not appear in
AM_CONDITIONAL

When I run ./configure:
./ltconfig: Can't open ./ltconfig: No such file or directory
configure: error: libtool configure failed

John Hunter writes:

 >     George> Hello, I am looking for information on using Pygtk and
 >     George> VTK.  I haven't come across anything that explains how to
 >     George> do that.  If anybody can point me in the right direction,
 >     George> I would appreciated it.

[cut]

 > I'm using CVS pygtk1.99.15, VTK4.2 and python 2.2 on redhat linux 8.
 >
 > If you need more info or help, let me know.
 >
 > John Hunter

How many times before
could you tell I didn't care
when you turned your back on me
I new we'd get nowhere

New Order, Substance Disk 2,  "Lonesome Tonight"

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.math.uaa.alaska.edu/~dowdingg