On Sun, Aug 10, 2003 at 11:22:32PM +0200, Michal Chruszcz wrote:

> I'm writing because of two problems. At first, I wanted to make a
> MessageDialog with a progress bar, while opening a process using popen2. My
> gtk.main() in this case stops executing program, so I can't move further. I
> think there *must* be something like gtk.main(), but letting go through
> whole program. Or mayber I'm wrong?

You'll probably need to either use threads or use something like an
io_watch (or whatever gtk2 calls them ;).

> If I want just to reset program, I do mainquit(). But it doesn't work as
> expected - window *doesn't* close, and new one starts, but with old values.
> Right now, I have no idea what to do now, so maybe somebody would share his
> expierience.

You lost me here. Note that running mainquit() does *not* cause your
window to hide -- it only hides in this situation, *normally*, when
the process itself exits ;) -- You need to call hide() explicitly if you
are keeping your program running.

> P.S. Would be that a big problem to create a search engine of list archive?
> Believe me, find there anything isn't easy...

No, but most of the really useful answers are in the FAQ down there ;)

Take care,