At 12:55 PM 9/25/2003 +0800, James Henstridge wrote:
On 23/09/2003 5:08 PM, Alif Wahid wrote:

Hi folks,

I've had some problems compiling the current CVS head of PyGtk-2.1.x on
Win32. So I've submitted a patch on bugzilla to fix that.

Basically there are some undefined symbols in the official Gtk+-2.2.4
binaries. So I've added empty function stubs to the gtk-fake-win32.c file.
Also updated the setup.py file to reflect newer dependency versions and no
support for GtkGLArea.

Which new functions do not exist on win32? As with pygtk 2.0.x, I would like the new version to build out of the box on win32 as well.

I got the same problem. The missing functions are

gdk_font_get_display
gtk_plug_construct_for_display
gtk_plug_new_for_display
gtk_im_preedit_style_get_type
gtk_im_status_style_get_type

GtkPlug is not available on win32. The gdk_font and gtk_im functions are not DLL exported in the latest gtk+-2.2.4 binaries. gtk_im_preedit_style_get_type and gtk_im_status_style_get_type are in gtk.def on CVS since July but it seems gtk.def was not updated in the latest (2.2.4) gtk+ tarball. gdk_font_get_display is not listed in gdk.def.

This is definitely a gtk+ on win32 bug that should be logged on bugzilla. Instead of adding a bunch of functions to gtk-fake-win32.c, I think we should list those functions in gtk.override in the win32-ignore section, waiting for fxed def files and updated DLLs.

Cedric