Hi,

> I got the same problem. The missing functions are
>
> gdk_font_get_display
> gtk_plug_construct_for_display
> gtk_plug_new_for_display
> gtk_im_preedit_style_get_type
> gtk_im_status_style_get_type

These are indeed the infamous missing functions that James wanted to know
about.

> GtkPlug is not available on win32. The gdk_font and gtk_im functions are
> not DLL exported in the latest gtk+-2.2.4 binaries.
> gtk_im_preedit_style_get_type and gtk_im_status_style_get_type are in
> gtk.def on CVS since July but it seems gtk.def was not updated in the
> latest (2.2.4) gtk+ tarball. gdk_font_get_display is not listed in
gdk.def.

> This is definitely a gtk+ on win32 bug that should be logged on bugzilla.
> Instead of adding a bunch of functions to gtk-fake-win32.c, I think we
> should list those functions in gtk.override in the win32-ignore section,
> waiting for fxed def files and updated DLLs.
>
> Cedric

I agree totally. The patch that I submitted on bugzilla was just a primitive
hack to let everyone know about the problem since I couldn't find any bug
already submitted about this. I like to keep an upto date copy of PyGtk
compiled on my WinXP box. That was the quickest way to get it done without
knowing too much about the inner workings of all the .override files.

Alif.

Heaven on earth can only be in one distant peaceful corner of the
world...New Zealand.