On Wed, 2004-06-16 at 15:00, John Hunter wrote:

>     Cedric> As a side note, I'm getting tired of these various,
>     Cedric> unofficial and incompatible (registry-wise) installers,
>     Cedric> and the installation questions/problems they generate. I
>     Cedric> don't think it helps in spreading the use of GTK+ on
>     Cedric> win32.
>

> Which ones?  Do you count the dropline in this batch?  Is there an
> "official" installer?  I have installed dropline + pygtk on at least
> 30 windows computers including 98, 2000, NT, ME and XP, and the only
> problems I have ever had are occasionally dealing with some lingering
> dlls that previous installs of glade etc left in the system path.

Development has ceased for the dropline installer, as of gtk+-2.2.4.
This means that we will have to use another installer for
pygtk/gtk+-2.4. Currently, I recommend the one provided by the
gladewin32 project (http://gladewin32.sourceforge.net) for pygtk-2.3.x
(and gtkmm-2.4 !!!), but this means checking for different registry
entries and installation paths.

I think Tor Lillqvist does not want to tag an installer as "official",
following the rules of the gnome project (no official binaries. Only the
source tarballs are official).

Cedric