Alex Roitman wrote:

John,

On Tue, 2004-07-06 at 14:06, John Finlay wrote:

I've updated the PyGTK2 Tutorial at:
http://www.moeraki.com/pygtktutorial/pygtk2tutorial/index.html

Great work, as always!!!

Thanks

In addition to receiving comments about tutorial problems, errors and enhancements,

While we're at it, I noticed that the new FileChooser-based methods of selecting files are not covered. As I understand, the FileChooser is a preferred way of selecting files in gtk2.4.

Your pygtk reference is very good on this subject. I think that
including an example code from pygtk source would make a nice subsection
in the tutorial as well.

It's at the top of my list after GenericCellRenderer. Then there are:

UIManager
ComboBox and ComboboxEntry
EntryCompletion
Actions
IconInfo, IconSet, IconSource, IconTheme, etc.
Toolbars with ToolItems
Pango
and so on

If not, then maybe it should be added to the undocumented widgets list.

I want to eliminate that section. :-)

If you'd like me to put my work where my mouth is :-), let me know and I
can scribble something.

Contributions are always cheerfully accepted.

John