On Wed, Jul 28, 2004 at 12:06:38PM +0530, Sridhar R wrote:
> Well, writing widget classes for each GWidget class is certainly
> painful for the programmers.  All he can do concisely is to write
> lambda functions as wrappers.

This is not the application programmer's task -- it should be
encapsulated in the framework.

> we can make use of 'property' to do this ..
> txt = button.text
> button.text = txt
>
> Another important thing is writting proxy widgets doesn't help if UI
> is loaded from glade XML.

Why not? It shouldn't matter if the widget already exists or not -- just
avoid building one if it already exists.

> so putting it in a line, is this discussion all about making the pygtk
> api much better and easy to use some which includes the one given
> above ?

Probably not -- it's about raising good design ideas for high-level UI
programming so I can steal them and put them in Kiwi <wink>.

Take care,
--
Christian Robottom Reis | http://async.com.br/~kiko/ | [+55 16] 3361 2331