On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 20:46:06 -0700 "David M. Cook" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 03, 2004 at 02:43:58PM +0200, Matthias Teege wrote:
>
> > I have a lot of combo widgets in a small application. The data for
> > the combo-list-items come from a database. It is necessary to update
> > the combo-lists when the user clicks on the combo item. So I try to
> > connect to the button_press event on the combo-widget with
> > combo.connect("button_press_event", button_press), but if i click
> > the combo nothing happens.
>
> You might consider using ComboBoxEntry instead.  Then you can use a
> model for the popup list.  Then you just need to make sure the model
> tracks the changes in the database.

I am using the ComboBoxEntry but I was still hoping for an answer to the
above query -- how to connect to the combo-list popup event. In my case,
I have a very large model which gets filtered based on other
EntryWidgets in my GUI -- currently I do the filtering when the focus
leaves the other widgets, but this isn't quite what I want because it
creates a confusing pause for some users (depending on the speed of
their system and size of the data their working with). It makes more
sense for that pause to happen when they click the little arrow on the
ComboBoxEntry and only then. Is there a way to connect to this event?

> Dave Cook
Tom