On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 07:16:03PM +0200, Paul Malherbe wrote:
> It is a financial program. The basics are as follows:
>
> Page 1
>
> The operator enters the details of e.g. a payment i.e. date, reference
> number amount, description etc.
>
> Page 2
>
> The operator allocates the amount to one or more nominal ledger accounts.
> Based on the type of account allocated to e.g. Accounts Receivable control
> the operator would have to allocate it to an individual customer's account

> i.e. Page 3 or if the account was an Accounts Payable control to the
> individual supplier's account i.e.Page 4. Pages 3 and 4 differ as to the
> type and content of information therefore 2 different pages.

This is a classical wizard. It may be that the wizard starts on Page 2
(and you have an explicit task to trigger it), or at Page 1 -- this all
depends on how much time the user actually spends entering the data of
the payment, or if he will enter a list of payments and then decide to
allocate it, or yet if he just enters a payment and goes on to step 2.

At any rate, I am quite sure that putting all the different pages inside
the same window (and the same notebook, for that reason) is the wrong
design for what you want. Model workflows (s/Page/Step/ and you may see
what I mean) either as a set of windows, or as a wizard -- not as pages
in a notebook.

Take care,
--
Christian Robottom Reis | http://async.com.br/~kiko/ | [+55 16] 3361 2331