Brian wrote:

I have a problem in that another python program (not under our
development) we import is not thread friendly.  The problem I have is
that mostly it is imported and used from the base thread, but there are
several areas of code that need to run from a thread so as to not tie up
the mainloop and general gui operations.  The result is intermittent
segfaults/ lately it does:

Fatal Python error: PyThreadState_Get: no current thread
Killed

try setting the environment variable PYGTK_USE_GIL_STATE_API to true before calling gobject.threads_init()

Johan