I made a small test app which clearly shows that Matplotlib 0.8 and PyGTK 2.6 don't work well together. No problem in PyGTK 2.4

bye,
Dimtiri

On 6/1/05, N. Volbers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
dimitri pater schrieb:

> Yes, this could could very well be a matplotlib issue. I will try to
> do some tests, thanks for cc'ing it to the matplotlib list.
>
> Dimitri
>
> On 5/31/05, *John Gill* < [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
>
>     I think this might be a matplotlib issue.
>
>     I've been having some refresh issues with matplotlib since
>     switching to 2.6.  In particular I've noticed that if I put my
>     mouse over the toolbar and let a tooltip pop up the canvas does
>     not get repainted.
>
>     Up to now I'd been assuming this problem was isolated to me (I use
>     ratpoison as a window manager, which can confuse some apps).
>
>     I've cc'ed the matplotlib list in case anyone can throw some light
>     on this.
>
>     John
>
>     dimitri pater wrote:
>
>>     Hello,
>>     I upgraded to PyGTK 2.6 from 2.4 . Now, when I switch from page 2
>>     on a Gtk.Notebook back to page 1, page 1 still shows some
>>     elements from page 2 (it is not refreshed, just some parts). Both
>>     pages contain graphs created with Matplotlib. I never had
>>     problems like this with 2.4...
>>     Any clues somebody? If necessary, I will attach the source files.
>>
>>     Best regards,
>>     Dimitri

>>Read the PyGTK FAQ:
>>http://www.async.com.br/faq/pygtk/
>>

> --
> Please visit dimitri's website: www.serpia.com <http://www.serpia.com>

I can confirm this (mis)behaviour with matplotlib 0.80 and gtk+/pygtk
2.6.  I had wanted to look into this matter, but didn't yet have time to
do it.  A simple guess would be that the expose-event is not handled
properly by the GTK backend.

I noticed the problem when I put a menu-bar over a matplotlib GTK
Canvas.  When you leave an opened menu, the menu will not disappear.

Niklas.

--
Please visit dimitri's website: www.serpia.com