On Mon, 2005-06-20 at 19:02 +0200, Rafael Villar Burke wrote:
> Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro wrote:
>
> >  We have currently two alternative solutions in mind, to workaround
> >this issue:
> >
> >     1.  Map GObject property names to python attributes with a predefined
> >prefix reserved for properties.  Examples: label.prop_text,
> >label.proptext, etc.. (others?)
> >
> >     2. Create a properties container object.  Examples label.prop.text,
> >label.props.text, label.properties.text, (others?)
> >

> [...]
>
> >  So, let's hear some opinions from PyGTK users.  Starting with
> >myself ;-)  I have a slight preference for label.prop.text.
> >

> I like the second one most, and preferably the long one
> label.properties.text. It needs some more typing, but with the nice IDEs
> we will be using autocompletion will work as a charm, and having the
> more readable full word is better than the short one. Furthermore, as
> python makes you type less, you can afford make the names in your
> program clearer, or we'll end un using hungarian notation ;)

I like label.props.text most.  properties and props are pretty much
interchangable and since I still type things in by hand I prefer the
shorter form.  label.prop.text would also make sense although
list_of_properties = dir(label.prop) which someone else thought would be
a nice feature isn't as intuitively named.

-Toshio