Lorenzo, thanks for the comments. At one of my posts, I mentioned that
the current site was kinda stale etc, I didn't mean it in any
offending way.

Baiju, I'd vote for plone to be used as a Gnome CMS.

The style is mostly done now, and only a few quirks left to iron out.
here's the proof of concept:
http://panos.solhost.org/pygtk/

I think I should just work with what we currently have now and wait
till Gnome approves one CMS, so I can build a theme for it then. I
have some ideas for making some parts more dynamic/simpler, but for
now, I'll start implementing the style to the actual templates.

On 7/24/06, Baiju M <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 7/24/06, Erik Grinaker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-07-24 at 09:07 +0200, Lorenzo Gil Sanchez wrote:
> > When I wrote the current pygtk website I try use mod_python (or any
> > other similar approach) to allow more dynamism to the website and I
> > faced to gnome.org rules for websites and scripting. They are pretty
> > simple: no scripting allowed :-)
> >
> > That's why I wrote stp.py[1]. We may not have a lot of dynamism in pygtk
> > but we try to make the website easy to maintain. Stp.py is used to
> > pregenerate the website from a set of files.
>
> It seems that everything stp.py does is combine several files into a
> single page. This could also be done using Apache server-side includes,
> surely gnome.org must allow that?
>
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/howto/ssi.html

GNOME websites will be managed using a CMS in future.
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWeb/CmsRequirements

Which CMS is going to use will be decided on day after tomorrow.
So recommend your CMS there now.

--
Baiju M