Willie Walker wrote:

> It looks like we might be able to do this *before* the import of gtk:
>
> import sys
> sys.argv[0] = "Orca"
>
> I tried this and it seems to work, but I feel a little strange about it.
> What crimes against humanity am I committing by doing this?

It isn't that unusual to poke within the inner workings of Python.  What
you've done here is actually a fairly common example of such a thing.  I
wouldn't hesitate to modify sys.argv if it gets the job done.  Believe
me, I've done far stranger things, which is one of the things I really
like about Python.  So, more power to you.  No crime committed.  ;-)

--
Patrick K. O'Brien
Orbtech       http://www.orbtech.com