I observed also here that behaviour described by Ian, I'm using gtk2.10.6-1 and
pygtk.2.10.1.  How about using "button-press-event" instead of "activate"
signal?  But of course on the tutorial, the menu there uses "activate" signal.

Yuri Pimenov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Hi.
This bug poisoned my life about month ago. So i confirm it too.
http://www.mail-archive.com/pygtk@daa.com.au/msg13840.html