Hi there,

I'm developing some applications for nokia 770. I have a time consuming
method which takes roughly tens of seconds, and don't know the accurate
progress for it coz it's a method from third party package. Now I want to
add a progress bar to make user interface more friendly but the problem is
the progress bar doesn't update either fraction or pulse until the task has
been accomplished.. I searched many articles, many ones tell that:

while gtk.events_pending():

gtk.main_iteration()

but it doesn't work for me. It seems the entire application is "dead" once
that big method starts, I couldn't call progress bar update during it's
running.

Any comment is welcome, I'd be very happy if it could help.

Br,

Xi