François Ingelrest wrote:

> Maybe you are missing something, because once you call drag_begin(),
> the DnD is automatically handled by GTK. Did you first call
> enable_model_drag_dest() on your tree?

Yes, I did call enable_model_drag_dest.  In fact, it is the same statement
that was already in place before I switched to drag_begin.  Also, I
transplanted the arguments from the original enable_model_drag_source to
the drag_begin call.

When I drag the row, the line appears in the treeview that shows the drop
location (between two rows).  Doesn't the appearance of that line indicate
that there are valid drop locations as specified by the
enable_model_drag_dest call?  When I release the mouse button after
dragging a row to a point above one of those lines, nothing happens -- I am
still dragging.  It isn't that the drag failed -- the drag icon does not
glide back to the source -- but rather it is as if I didn't release the
mouse button.
--
Jeffrey Barish