> for various reasons I want to migrate the whole thing
> over to an environment with better GUI support.
I'm sure you know, but just in case -- there are some very cool gui's written
to run directly in pygame. I can't remember the name, but one is particularly
good. Ocemp or Ocean rings a bell. Search the pygame wiki.

> Does anyone have any ideas on how to get the same effect
> using pygtk? As far as I can tell, it doesn't seem to
> expose functionality such as input grabbing and pointer
> warping that would be needed.
On this subject, a question too : Can one hide the cursor and replace it with
an sprite (say to gtk.DrawingArea) of some kind?

\d