Ok, I have tested today on windows xp.
I even have installed gtk 2.12 (I had 2.10).
The problem are the same,the window are not truely fullscreen.
On my ubuntu 7.10 the problem is not present.

I have updated my simple code, to demonstrate the difference.
So I have added a "fullscreen workaround", when it is pushed the window
will become truely fullscreen. The problem however, that
when in fullscreen mode, showing or hiding some widgets the
problem reappears. You can test it by invoking "fullscreen workaround",
and after press the "options >>>" button couple of time.

Is there somebody who see this bug(?) on a linux box? (Vicent and I both
confirmed, that on ubuntu 7.10 the bug does not appears).

Anybody on windows, can you confirm this problem with the new updated
simple code?

So Im interested now, if it is a bug or some limitation of windows. And
if so, how can i workaround this?
Any idea?

The updated simple code:
import gtk

global fullscreen_v
global options_v
fullscreen_v = 0
options_v = 0

window = gtk.Window ()

def button_clicked (button):
    print 'Hello World!'

def fullscreen(button):
    global fullscreen_v
    if fullscreen_v:
        window.unfullscreen()
        fullscreen_v = 0
    else:
        options()
        window.fullscreen()
        fullscreen_v = 1

def fullscreen_workaround(button):
    global fullscreen_v
    if fullscreen_v:
        window.unfullscreen()
        fullscreen_v = 0
    else:
        options()
        while gtk.events_pending(): gtk.main_iteration()
        window.fullscreen()
        fullscreen_v = 1

def options(button=None):
    global options_v
    if options_v:
        l3.hide()
        l2.set_label("Options >>>")
        options_v = 0
    else:
        l3.show()
        l2.set_label("Options <<<")
        options_v = 1

window.set_title ('Hello World!')
window.connect ('destroy', lambda w: gtk.main_quit ())

v = gtk.VBox()
h = gtk.HBox()
l = gtk.Button("Fullscreen")
la = gtk.Button("Fullscreen with workaround")
l2 = gtk.Button("Options >>>")
l3 = gtk.Label("These are the options")
l4 = gtk.Statusbar()
l.connect('clicked', fullscreen)
la.connect('clicked', fullscreen_workaround)
l2.connect('clicked', options)
h.pack_start(l)
h.pack_start(la)
v.pack_start(h)