I have a consistent problem with a threaded pyGTK program that freezes
when dialog boxes are displayed on various Linux platforms. Likewise I
also often get a case where a dialog box displays, but the borders
around it do not display. I've been trying to track this down for
several months, but have had no luck so far...I'm fairly sure it's due
to a threading issue that occurs when the dialog box tries to start
its own gtk_mainloop.

- -dave