Greg Ewing wrote:

> What is the general feeling out there?

About the announcements policy, I wonder what is the difference with
other projects which use or extend pygtk. I suspect the difference
is that pygui is perceived like a potential competitor of pygtk, so
announcements about it are told to be not welcomed (especially if
you also state that pygtk sucks :)

If my feeling is correct, then I cannot go along with the policy of
not allowing announcements of such projects - simply because it is
not clear to me where the line separating pygtk users and pygtk
competitors can be collocated.

Furthermore, I do think that competitors should be welcomed as they
may contribute to improve the quality of pygtk itself.

Finally, let me say that if you think pygtk could be improved (to
put it in polite terms), you have to justify your statement, or else
they have no meaning at all. Notice that a true analysis may give a
sense to your project as well.

r.