On Sun, 2010-09-19 at 09:28 +0430, Saeed Rasooli wrote:
> I think there is lake of a Package Manager (like apt-get) in windows
> to contoll complex dependency structure of libraries and their needing
> versions. Thats because fully installation of PyGTK (including python,
> python-gtk, libgtk, libcairo, lib* ...) was ALYAWS A PROBLEM. I
> usually use Linux, but every time I try to install PyGTK and many
> other GTK-based programs (like Pidgin and GIMP) inside windows, I find
> it too hard and I sense this structure is not built for windows. Qt is
> more successful in windows maybe because it collects everything in one
> place!

Hi,

I generate the PyGtk installers for windows.

Every few months someone wishes for an all in one installer, but no one
ever includes any concrete suggestions for how one would be compiled, or
what exactly it would contain.

So basically, if you are interested in an all in one installer for the
PyGtk stack on windows, make one as a prototype, we can then all test
it, then I will be happy to get it hosted on GNOME servers and maintain
it into the future.

John