On 10/28/2010 11:12 AM, Dieter Verfaillie wrote:
Hi,

Quoting "John Stowers" <john.stowers.li...@gmail.com>:
Yeah, styles is something different. Can you please run the installer
from the console and see if it prints anything else of interest please?

What is your target system, etc?

Does anyone else have any ideas on this?

This might be caused by leftover files from a previous installation.
At least, the error stopped for me once I manually cleaned my pyg*
environment last year.

Uninstall pygtk, pygobject, pycairo (and other pyg* bindings if you
have them) and manually delete the following (if those files/dirs
are still there...):
<pythonroot>\include\pycairo
<pythonroot>\include\pygtk-2.0
<pythonroot>\Lib\pkgconfig
<pythonroot>\Lib\site-packages\cairo
<pythonroot>\Lib\site-packages\gtk-2.0
<pythonroot>\Lib\site-packages\pygtk*
<pythonroot>\share\gtk-doc
<pythonroot>\share\pygobject
<pythonroot>\share\pygtk

Then reinstall pycairo, pygobject and pygtk. If you still get the error
after that, I'd like to know about it. That would mean something goes
wrong when the pkgconfig file gets fixed during the installation
process (in postinstall).

I did all that, reinstalled everything, and I still get error on pygobject and pygtk. Funny thing is that if I run the .exe from command line, I don't get error, but a success message and the end of the installer.

I'm installing on a win7, python 2.6.4

--
Yann