Stephen,

I too notice the cursor issue, but it comes and goes.  Sometimes it's
there and sometimes it just disappears on you.  It does this in both
Linux and Windows.

Thanks for giving me your versions.  These are the ones I'm using on
Windows XP Pro:

Python  version  2.7.1
GTK+    version  2.22.0
pyGTK   version  2.22.0
gobject version  2.26.0
cairo   version  1.8.10

I tried replacing the GTK+ bundle with 2.16.6 but apparently when you
do that you need to downgrade the other stuff too.

I'll try using older versions of everything and see what happens.

James Simmons