Quoting "James Simmons" <nices...@gmail.com>:
I tried it and it didn't work.  I also tried replacing the GTK bundle
with the older one, and the program would not accept it.  I verified
that the TextBuffer actually does contain the newlines.  It's just
that the TextView ignores them.  Even if you have a text file that has
newlines in there to begin with, visible in Notepad so I know the line
endings are correct, the TextView seems to just compress them out.  I
verified with print statements that the lines are being added to the
buffer.

Strange. Everything works when I load an empty text file into your program.
Could you post the example image and text file the ocr package produced
you use for testing? Could be an encoding issue I can't reproduce here
with an empty text file...

mvg,
Dieter