J Lumby wrote

> My attempts to run my test app against GTK3 all fail with import errors, no
> doubt
> because I have built and installed things myself,   and I find it difficult
> to know what
> is going on.

Further to that  -  I have discovered this line in the current
pygobject/Makefile.am  (2.2.28 and pulled from git just now)

pkgpyexecdir = $(pyexecdir)/gtk-2.0

i.e. hard-coding gtk-2;

which apparently results in all python-related files being installed into

${prefix}/lib/python2.6/site-packages/gtk-2.0

And (not sure but I think) that prevents use of gtk-3.0 packages and may
explain my difficulties.

Are you using your own modified configure script / Makefile?

Cheers,  John