R Park wrote:

> From what I understand, pygobject can only provide GTK3 and pygtk can
> only provide GTK2. So if your code includes 'import pygtk' then that
> is by definition gtk2 you are using, and if instead you have 'from
> gi.repository import Gtk' then that can only be Gtk3.

Many thanks.

Actually I think it's possible that
 'from gi.repository import Gtk'
may give you GTK+2;  I think it depends on which (version of) GTK
was introspected into whichever gi repository your python finds.
Not suggesting this is what you want - just my experience.

> Check the source to my app, it's gtk3 and uses some of the new gtk3
> widgets (such as ComboBoxText for example):
>
> https://github.com/robru/gottengeography

Thanks again.    That helped.   I got mine working now  (with a GTK+3 Light
Switch)

Cheers,  John