laguillaumie sylvain wrote:

> hi
>
> i reinstalled macport and rebuilded all gtk2, gstreamer... with no_x11 and
> +quartz, this time the app start normally

You forgot to mention your PyGTK version, there...

> but still the problem with the xid
>
> i spend hours on google without finding help...
>
> so, in linux i use the gtk.gdk.Window.xid
> on win 32 the handle (works fine too)

Still don't see how "xid" would work on Win32, but OK.

Seems to have a difference in the definition, as well...
Uses GDK_DRAWABLE_XID(drawable) on X11, but instead just
GDK_WINDOW_HWND(drawable) on Win32 ? Not GDK_DRAWABLE_HANDLE.
But maybe GDK_IS_WINDOW is always true there, or something.

Anyway, you'll want to use "nsview" when using Quartz.

> and osx, i tried the nsview but i get :
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "gmediafinder.py", line 1304, in on_drawingarea_realized
>    self.sink.set_xwindow_id(self.movie_window.window.nsview)
> AttributeError: 'gtk.gdk.Window' object has no attribute 'nsview'

Maybe you are running PyGTK 2.22.0, without backports ?

>> I'm not sure how "xid" works on Win32 (thought it was "handle" there)
>> but I think the Quartz equivalent would be "nsview" and "nswindow" ?
>>
>> http://git.gnome.org/browse/pygtk/commit/?id=be609e744ee47b117ced07f234262e4032658050

Note that this requires PyGTK 2.23.1 or later... (git)

--anders