On 7 May 2011 02:50, Neil Muller <drnlmuller+...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What are you storing in the list store if a row reference doesn't
> allow you to easily get back to the object you want?

I have an object that refers to a numpy array of several hundred data
points, and a few fit parameters and flags. I append the fit
parameters to the ListStore, and map the object to the path of the new
row so I can get back the data points, for use upon row activation (or
cell toggle).

While we've been discussing this, I've been poring over the pygtk docs
some more and think I see what I should be doing: I could store the
object itself in the ListStore as well, and simply not add a
TreeViewColumn for it in the TreeView. Then I can access it directly
upon row activation, etc. Does this sound reasonable, or is there a
better way?

— Jason