I tried by copying msvcr90.dll, msvcp90.dll and msvcrt.dll. But that did not
work. I kept getting the same error. :(

So, I tried building the app on the XP machine. The build went fine. But
when I ran the application, its looks like this:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/718/capturevkr.png/ and obviously I
don't want the app to look like that. I want it to have native look and
feel. I got native looks when I built on Windows 7.

So, to summarize, this is what happens:
 - built on Win 7 - native looks - DLL error on Win XP
 - built on Win XP - non-native looks - runs both on Win XP and Win 7
 - "python my_app.py" without building - runs both on Win XP and Win 7 with
native looks

So, how do I get this to work now ?

If it is a problem with the manifest file, how should I go about it ?

Thanks,
Shrihari