Quoting "Shrihari Sankaran" <gfxin...@gmail.com>:
An update here. After getting the WinXP build to work on 7, I just
compared the contents of the "dist" directory of the
builds generated on Win7 and WinXP. I found that Win7 gave me a lot
of extra DLLs. List below:    API-MS-Win-Core-Debug-L1-1-0.dll
API-MS-Win-Core-DelayLoad-L1-1-0.dll
API-MS-Win-Core-ErrorHandling-L1-1-0.dll

<snip>

 So, I went ahead and deleted these files. Now, the app
worked fine both on XP and 7. But, what are these files

http://www.nirsoft.net/articles/windows_7_kernel_architecture_changes.html

and why are
they being included on 7? Is there any way to avoid this.

I think you'll have more luck with that question on py2exe's mailing list.

mvg,
Dieter