On 25/07/2011 19:28, Dieter Verfaillie wrote:
> The glade-3.dwi file you've sent tells me all .dll files
> loaded from c:\windows\system32 (kernel32, ntdll, msvcrt,
> advapi32, etc) are 64 bit images. That can't be right?
>
> Are you sure you're using the x86 version of dependency walker?

For those following on the list:
I've received the .dwi file written by the x86 version of depends.exe.

Had a look at it and it seems your windows installation is having a
problem with the glade-3.exe.manifest file included with the Glade
component of the PyGTK All-in-one installer. I think that means your
system is missing a shared installation of the Microsoft.VC90.CRT
version 9.0.21022.8.

Here's in detail what I think is happening:
- the glade-3 version distributed with the aio installer is built
  with "Python widgets support". That means there's a

C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\gtk-2.0\runtime\lib\glade3\modules\libgladepython.dll
- when this version of glade-3.exe is started, the above
  libgladepython.dll is loaded
- and libgladepython.dll is loading pyton27.dll
- python27.dll depends on a specific version of a CRT: msvcr90.dll
  (version 9.0.21022.8).
- but because python27.dll is not being loaded through python(w).exe
  the copies of msvcr90.dll and Microsoft.VC90.CRT.manifest that
  live right next to python(w).exe in C:\Python27 are not used.

Because of that, a shared copy is searched and when not found you get
the error you are seeing (I think).

This also explains why the glade3-bundle from [1], when extracted to for
example C:\glade works fine out of the box: there is no Python dependency
in that configuration of Glade, thus by definition no need for a
glade-3.exe.manifest file and no dependency on msvcr90.dll (in other
words, that version depends purely on msvcrt.dll).

Could you try installing the "Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable
Package (x86)" [2], reboot and see what happens? Also, don't be tempted
by the link to the SP1 version on that page, you need exactly version
9.0.21022.8 !

mvg,
Dieter

[1] http://www.optionexplicit.be/projects/gnome-windows/20110405
[2] http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=29

ps Uh, this is why it's called DLL Hell...