Thanks for tip Dieter, but I have tried gtk.Widget.get_name(widget) function, returns eg GtKEntry for a TextEntry field and GtkLabel for a label, ie the same as I get when using widget.get_name(). Code:

            print j.get_name()
            print gtk.Widget.get_name(j)

Both returns GtkEntry when run on a TextEntry.

I am after the name of the TextEntry as given in Glade, such as enTime or enDate.

Any ideas?

Regards

Olaf Devik
e-mail: olaf.de...@mollefaret.no