All,

I tried to add this to issue 603 (http://www.pyinstaller.org/ticket/603),
but the text below was rejected as spam. Manually entering 10 captcas
failed, so here's what I wrote:

I also have problems with my virus scanner (Sophos for PC), which detects
support/loader/Windows-32bit/run.exe as virus/malware. When I install my
frozen app on other's computer, I also see various virus warnings.
Likewise, simply downloading my app in Google Chrome produces a warning
(this may be a dangerous program -- keep it?).

I did some looking at the commit history on github. On my PC, Sophos is
happy until rev b793f5b362295fed9b3374aceaaccbb15c8c2229. The previous
recompile was at 17d5baa0e6916262623521b835403bf89db60a18, less than 20
commits away; of those, only a few have changes to the bootloader source.
If I compiled each of these source changes and tested, would someone be
able and willing to try to work around the change that triggers the virus
warnings?

--
Bryan A. Jones, Ph.D.
Associate Professor

Our Master, Jesus Christ, is on his way. He'll show up right on
time, his arrival guaranteed by the Blessed and Undisputed Ruler,
High King, High God.
- 1 Tim. 6:14b-15 (The Message)