To answer the more general question of why PyInstaller can't find a certain
module at runtime - it only packages the modules it thinks your program needs,
and sometimes it doesn't detect a module correctly, leading to it not being
included.

Jasper Harrison, aka Legorooj

Core Developer on PyInstaller

https://legorooj.net