Hi Martin,

> what are the minimum hardware requirements for pykaraoke? i
> have a pentium one box around here, i don't know exactly the
> mhz and amount of ram, and i supppose it has an old pci
> video card.

I'm not sure what the minimum requirements are I'm afraid. The latest
version received some big performance improvements, but I would think
that PyKaraoke would still struggle on a Pentium One. Suck it and see?

> i would install gentoo on it. or do you know of a better
> distro (because gentoo has only the newest packages, and
> perhaps pykaraoke could probably work better on a slow
> machine with the lowest versions of its dependencies...).

The latest release of PyKaraoke (i.e. the one with the optimisations)
requires a relatively recent version of WxPython (2.5) so an old distro
probably wouldn't fit the bill.

All the best,
Kelvin.