On Tue, Nov 21, 2006 at 11:35:14PM +0000, Kelvin Lawson wrote:
>  > Hi! My name is Ralph .. I just tried out Pykaraoke and I find it a very
> > useful and fun program . I hope this becomes part of Debian soon .
>
> There are Debian packages for testing/unstable so hopefully it will make
> it into the mainstream soon.

What I mean is the cdgtools ,sorry bout that .. They are not yet in
Debian

> > I also tried your cdgtools .. I successfully made a cdg disk from cdg
> > zips that I downloaded. i tried to play the CDG that I made in my
> > magnavox DVD player but it doesn't read the graphics part,only the audio
> > .. Is it possible to upgrade a DVD player to be able to play a CDG disk?
> > or if not ,is there a free,open sourced cdg to avi converter?
>
> I can't help with upgrading your DVD player to play CDGs I'm afraid. As
> for a Linux tool to convert CDG to AVI, it's a long term goal of this
> project but not there yet.

I'm looking forward to that .. In the meantime,since I can't do anything
about my DVD player ,what's the cheapest cdg karaoke player that I can
try out,any recommendations .. is magic sing (microhones)better than set
top players? I hope this is not too OT to this list ..

Ralph Bacolod,RMT,MT
http://rafiks.blogs.friendster.com/linux_rules