Hi Daniel,

> I patched the code as you indicated, and the segfaults are gone.

Excellent news, the fix is now in CVS.

> This problem was indeed happening with multiple .cdg files, though I can't
> say if it applied to them all. Because pykaraoke worked with the same files
> on x86 without incident, however, I doubt that corrupted/rogue data is the
> issue.
>
> I'll send you a private e-mail re: obtaining the OGG+CDG files in
> question for testing purposes.

I tried these CDGs on my AMD64 and they worked fine. I guess it's system
dependent whether the out of bounds array access will hit somewhere that
will cause a seg fault.

I did notice that both those files had classic symptoms of errors in
rips. Odd bits of graphics the wrong colour etc, which is why I'm pretty
sure that these odd pixel values are coming from a very slightly
corrupted rip. They both play for a minute or two before one of these
out-of-bounds pixel offsets occur. This is pretty common though, so it's
a good thing we've nailed it.

Thanks for an excellent bug report by the way. There have been
mutterings of AMD64 problems since the optimised C version came out, but
nothing with all of the detail necessary to fix it, so thanks!

Kelvin.